Friday, June 10, 2011

Family Vacation

I just had to take a side trip down a personal path this week. I have neglected my blog recently because I have been on the most incredible vacation ever! Whoever has not yet been to Colorado should try to make a trip out this way. It is so beautiful here, and I am enjoying every minute.

With that being said, I also have to say that during my family vacation, I have been spending time with my family instead of writing (shame on me!), but it has been well worth it. When they say a picture is worth a thousand words, they were not kidding. I’ll post some of the lovely photos to prove my point.

When I do get back home, I’ll definitely write more about the book. In the meantime, enjoy the photographs of what one friend called “God’s country”.
We have the Rocky Mountain National Park. The road was just opened Monday to travel across the peaks. In some spots the snow was easily 10 feet deep! However, it is melting quickly, and the lower meadows are more bog-like than summer-green. That does not seem to bother the wildlife, though. We have had a blast seeing fluffy mountain goats and scruffy elk. An occasional moose as well as the 'whistling pig' (a marmot) have made this trip educational and awe inspiring.



No comments: